Sugar-Free Chicken Sausage!

Monday, May 7, 2012 0 comments
I've been struggling to find a sugar-free sausage that is commercially sold. However, last weekend while I was at the Petaluma Costco, I discovered Rosie - Italian Style Organic Chicken Sausage!
There was a demo table giving out samples of this new Coleman Natural product. It was the first food sample I've been able to taste in a long while at Costco. This sausage is also free of antibiotics, gluten and dairy, besides sugar. Of course I had to buy a package to try. Last night, I sliced and lightly fried a few of the links and they were super scrumptious! I was told I could find these sausages at Costco and Whole Foods. You can check the website to  find store locations in your area.

My only issue with the organic chicken they use is that they feed their chicken soy. Soy has a high concentration of phyto-estrogen and this is of concern to some people.
I also recommend checking out Coleman Natural's other meat selections. They have a very large selection of meats and sausages free of gluten, dairy, sugar and soy (that is if you don't count the soy in the chicken feed). I can't wait to try out their Original Brat Hans Spicy Cilantro Chicken Sausage - yum!


Update:
More sugar-free sausages found!

Make sure you read the backs of all the packages to make sure you find the ingredients of your preference. Not every variety of sausage the companies offer are sugar-free, but they have many choices.

Bilinski - organic chicken, no antibiotics, no preservatives, no pork casing, gluten, dairy and sugar-free
Aidells - gluten, dairy and sugar-free, but not organic
Boulder Sausage - actual pork sausage, no preservatives, gluten-free, the chorizo and German brand are sugar-free

0 comments:

Post a Comment