PALO Root Tea Review

Saturday, October 27, 2012 0 comments
Finally! A commercially available beverage besides water that is totally sugar-free and healthy.

Earlier this month, I attended a Shaman circle gathering in Central Park and the New York-based makers of PALO Root Tea were there giving out bottles to promote their new drink. At first I declined, but after learning this natural liquid was devoid of caffeine, chemicals, preservatives and sugar, I took a sip. I can't say it was my new favorite drink, but it still put a smile on my face knowing that there was now one more drink besides water that I could purchase if I wanted. Unfortunately for me, since I truly am sugar free, my only option was their unsweetened version which is just the down and dirty flavor of the roots that are used to make up this drink. It's a traditional wellness drink that the Taino Indians brew from Mamajuana, a blend of 16 roots and herbs from the Dominican Republic.

Check out this list of ingredients: Supplejack which is an anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-oxidant which helps your immune system and supports heart function during an electrolyte imbalance; Brazilwood known for it's blood purifying properties and ability to increase circulation and support kidney health; Chewstick which helps relieve stress, Maca root which is dense in vitamins and amino acids to boost stamina and endurance; Chamomile which helps relieve anxiety, nervousness and stress; Sarasparilla which energizes the body and speeds recovery time after workouts, etc. What can't this tea do!

I couldn't help but feel like the drink was good for my body with all the phytochemicals, polyphenol antioxidants, vitamins and trace minerals in it so I decided it was worth trying again. Today, while at work and feeling a little sluggish, I looked up their website to locate where I could run out and buy it nearby to energize myself. I tried a local health food store, but they only carried the sweetened versions. What a let down. I had finally found a drink I could buy and the store didn't have the one version I could have. So I let the manager know and he promised me, "Next Week." I really hope he meant it. I couldn't help but wonder if this was yet another way to discriminate against people who don't want to be controlled by sugar addictions.

When I returned to my office I realized that even though I hadn't drunk their tea I was now energized from my brisk walk to the store and back. I guess I got the energy boost I was looking for after all, just in my effort of trying to obtain PALO's unsweetened tea : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment